Xiaolin Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A comb in the big apple

3 posters

Go down

A comb in the big apple Empty A comb in the big apple

Post by mistdrake Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:31 pm

"I think I have the hardest task here." Jonathon said, catching his breath from his flight. He was standing on top of a building in the middle of New York City. "I have to find one small magical comb, in one of the most densely packed cities in America. Here goes." He jumped off the building and grabbed onto a pole, sliding down to the street. "Hmm, I guess I picked a good landing spot." He said, eyeing the pawn shop across the road from him. "Worth a shot." Entering the shop, he began to search for the comb.

mistdrake

Back to top Go down

A comb in the big apple Empty Re: A comb in the big apple

Post by Sun Wukong Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:37 pm

Shirlika happened to be inside the shop, looking around. While to one it would look like she was searching for something to buy, she was actually looking for a Shen Gong Wu. With her book outstretched, she pointed it around and used it as a metal detector of sorts, looking for the Tangle Web Comb.

Sun Wukong
Admin

https://xiaolinlegends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mistdrake Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:43 pm

Unlike Shirlika, Jonathon did not have a magic wu detecting book. So his method was much less subtle. "Nope...Nope...Nope..." He said, searching through the various items in the pawn shop. "Is this it? Nope." He tossed another comb aside, sighing. "AH HA!" Jonathon said, holding up what he was looking for. "Yep, this is it." Observing it much closer. "Sir, I need to buy this comb." He said, slamming it down on the counter.

mistdrake

Back to top Go down

Post by Sun Wukong Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:45 pm

Shirlika's book whirled her around as Jonathon slammed the comb down. The Tangle Web Comb. She teleported to the counter and grabbed it. "I'll be needing this." She took it and teleported again, disappearing into the streets of New York. She began to run through the crowd, full-speed.

Sun Wukong
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mistdrake Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:50 pm

"That's not fair." Jonathon said, watching her go. "Sorry sir." He said to the store owner as he ran out of the store. "Get back here you theif!" He shouted, launching himself through the city with electricity, landing in front of her. "You're not getting that comb without a fight." Jonathon said, grabbing onto the comb.

mistdrake

Back to top Go down

Post by Sun Wukong Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:53 pm

Shirley held onto the comb. Her book opened itself to a specific page, which she read and grinned. "Alright then, let's have a game. I challenge you to a Xiaolin Showdown! Name your game."

Sun Wukong
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mistdrake Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:02 pm

"Hmm, well, we are in New york. Ever heard of free running?" Jonathon said, smirking. "First one to the empire state building wins." He pointed at the not so tall by comparison sky scraper that the city was famous for. "Here's the catch, no magic, no elemental powers. Just running. Deal?"

mistdrake

Back to top Go down

Post by Sun Wukong Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:08 pm

"Free running?" Shirlika laughed. "I'm a master of running. You won't beat me, book or no book. I accept your challenge!" Immediately, the terrain changed. Several buildings and things fell away and the area was left with only elevated street and buildings that looked rather unstable and had gaps randomly strewn in between. "Gong Ye Tempai!" She shouted at Jonathon before starting. She took to the side of a building and used it to jump up to a stretch of elevated street and ran along it.

Sun Wukong
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mistdrake Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:27 pm

"Well crap..." Jonathon sighed, looking ahead and planning a route. Taking off he jumped over obstacles. Normally half of parkour was just showing off and flipping. This was a real race though. Catching up with Shirlika, he kept running.

mistdrake

Back to top Go down

Post by Sun Wukong Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:33 pm

Shirlika almost fell off a broken piece of road. But she was quick enough to retreat. She zeroed in on the Cmb, it wasn't too far now. She picked up speed and jumped to another piece of closer road.

Sun Wukong
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raimundo Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:33 pm

Ying-Ying watched Shirlika carefully. Eventually, the bird flew at Shirlika and attempted to knock her over, allowing Jonathon to win the Wu.

Last edited by Raimundo on Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Raimundo

Back to top Go down

Post by mistdrake Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:41 pm

"No you don't."  Jonathon said, jumping onto an awning from one of the few buidlings around and launching himself towards the comb.  Except he over shot, landing just past eh comb.  Getting up and running back he dived for the comb.  "I got it!"  He said, except he still missed by a few inches. Reaching forward he grabbed the comb. "I win!"

mistdrake

Back to top Go down

Post by Sun Wukong Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:46 pm

As the area changed back to normal, Shirlika was hanging on a tree by her Little Red Robin Hood cape/hood on a branch. She flailed around. "No faiir! That bird cheated for you!" She kept flailing to try and get down.

Sun Wukong
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raimundo Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:53 pm

Ying-Ying squawked and played a Hologram. "Hello, I am Pierce Younge. I formally extend an invitation for you to join me as the Heylin Base.", it said before Ying-Ying flew off.

Raimundo

Back to top Go down

Post by mistdrake Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:54 pm

"Not my fault." Jonathon said, shoving the comb in his pocket. "However, I'll get you down if you want." He pointed at the branch she was hung on and fired a bolt of electricity, cutting through the branch. "Have fun getting home." With that the electric dragon launched himself into the air, heading back to the temple.

mistdrake

Back to top Go down

Post by Sun Wukong Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:09 pm

Shirlika dropped to the ground from the tree and she sighed. Remembering Ying-Ying's message, she pondered. "Heylin Base. I wonder where that is." She thought out loud, in need of a map.

Sun Wukong
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raimundo Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:12 pm

A map to the Heylin base blows from the wind in front of her.

Raimundo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sun Wukong Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:14 pm

Shirlika snatched it. "Woohoo." She tucked her book under her arm and then started following the map.

Sun Wukong
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum